Followers

Thursday 9 August 2012

Sympathy Cards

A dear friend lost her mother this week, and besides making a sympathy card from my husband and myself, I was asked by several others to make cards for them to give to her.

Sympathy cards rank along with male cards in terms of difficulty in the ideas section. They need to convey the caring of the giver, without being too over the top in decoration and bling, at least that's my thoughts on the subject.

Here are the cards I made this week, I believe that she likes them all. They are all quite subdued but the feelings and caring of the giver is still evident. I hope these are of some small inspirational ideas for when you too have to cope with the sad loss of someone.






Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog, Please leave a comment.

Happy Crafting.

Hugs,
Beth

4 comments:

CathyC said...

Lovely cards Beth, I agree, Sympathy cards are one of the hardest cards to make ;-)

Davi said...

Beautiful sympathy cards!! I agree they need to be on the less is better side and you really did it with each one! Im sure they were very comforting to your friend.

Dr Sonia S V said...

The pastel blue butterflies look gorgeous
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Jude said...

Very nice cards! I have a hard time with sympathy cards also but your cards give me hope! Thanks for sharing.