The following 3 cards are the samples I've made for my ladies card making class. In the next class I want to show them a couple of techniques they haven't done before.
The first one is to use a stamped image and create layers, and the other is to use the a Spellbinder die as a stencil and ink the edges of the die cuts.
Neither of these techniques are new, I've done them for quite a few years now, but the ladies in the group have not as yet played with these ideas, I can't wait to see what their cards turn out like as I'm positive they will all look individual and not carbon copies.
The first card is called Frangipani. I started by stamping Stamp It (2001) Frangipani 1780F with Memento Tuxedo black twice onto white card. I used Yellow to colour only the shaded part of the stamped flower, the leaves I used a couple of different greens to colour the stems. On the second stamped image, I only coloured the flower heads then fussy cut them out.
I used Spellbinders Nestabilities labels Twenty Five 2nd largest die to cut out the full flower image, and with the die still in place used Wild Honey Distress Ink to lightly ink around the edges.
Using the largest die, and an A4 piece of white dimple card scored and folded in half, I die cut the base card making sure to have the left hand side of the die off the folded edge of the card leaving me with a flat folded edge for my base card. I then used the same size die to fully cut a single piece of card which I then inked using the die as a stencil. This was then adhered over the front of the base card. This hides the flat folded edge of the base.
After mounting the fussy cut flower heads over the full stamped image, using differing thickness' of foam mounts to give varying depths of flower I placed self adhesive Kaiser pearls in the centre of each flower.
After wrapping Stampin Up 1/4" grosgrain stitched ribbon in Daffodil Yellow around the image layer, and fixing a small bow with my hot glue gun, the whole topper was then mounted with foam mounts to the base card.
The second card, uses exactly the same techniques (all 3 cards do, I want to show how different they can look)
In this card, I stamped the main image onto a piece of white card, then I re-inked the stamp but only the dress section, and stamped it again onto some pale pink patterned paper. I fussy cut the dress out from the patterned paper and wet glued it into position after colouring in the main image.
This was then die cut with Spellbinders Mega Nestabilities Curved Rectangles 4th largest die in the set, and again I used the die as a stencil and inked the edge with Distress ink Bundled Sage.
Stampin Up 1/4" grosgrain ribbon in Certainly Celery, which seemed to be a good match for my light inking of Bundled Sage Distress ink around the die cut topper. I cut 6 x 4.5cm lengths which were then folded in half, held together with a narrow double sided tape, then stuck to the back of the topper with strong double sided tape.
The base card for this image is Stampin Up's Pear Pizazz. The embossed layer is Stampin Up's So Saffron, and it's embossed with a Cuttlebug Happy Birthday embossing folder.
The topper was then mounted with foam mounts. I did add some tiny spots of Stickles Frosted lace to add some bling.
My third and final card for this session, Is called Happy Birthday Bear, only because that's the name of the stamp I've used.
The base card is pearlescent card which I've cut to create a 11.5cm x 14.5cm base card.
The High Gloss Gold card was cut with a Cheery Lyn die called French Lattice small frame, I used tiny dots' of wet clear drying strong craft glue to adhere the gold lattice to the base card.
My image was as with the other cards, stamped twice, the stamp has it's own border which is the line I used to cut it out, I then used Tumbled Glass Distress ink to lightly colour the edges. Out of the second stamped image, I only used the bear, which I coloured then fussy cut, birthday bear was then mounted over the base bear with foam mounts.
I mounted the stamped layer with foam mounts to the die cut layer, then this was mounted with foam mounts over the gold layer.
Spellbinder Nestabilities Labels twenty six 4th largest die was used to cut and then stencil the layer behind the stamped image.
Monday, 4 March 2013
This months challenge of Quilling, no stamps or digi's is sponsored by Kaszazz consultant Jessica Theodore
Onto this I layered a Kaszazz flourish 5092 Leafy Flourish. My tiny flowers are a mini flower punch which I embossed the centre of to make them curl up, then glued a small pearl. The large flower is my quilling. I used two different tones of paper to create my petals, which are then glued together. the centre of the flower is tight coil.
The sentiment is a printed sticker which I got from my sister in N.Ireland, I don't have a name for the company as the sheet of stickers wasn't in any sort of packaging.
As I said, very simple and pretty basic, but for a sympathy card I think it fits the bill to a T.
Please pop on over to Unstampabelles you will find a link here on my blog to get you there, and check out the other entries, and if you're interested in entering our challenge for this month of March, it's very easy to do and we look forward to seeing your wonderful work. Just remember, NO STAMPS, NO DIGIS.
Thank you for visiting my blog today, please consider giving our challenge a go!
Have a lovely day, stay safe