Thursday, 23 August 2012

Craft Mad Swap for August - Pennants

For the August swap at CraftMad, we had to use pennants. Each person makes two cards and mails off to their partner. (since I know that my receiving partner this month always sends 3 cards, I have made 3 cards for her) This month it's a round robin as we have an uneven number, so I sent to one person, but will receive my cards from somebody else. Still sitting at the mail box waiting for mine, they've been sent but I think Australia Post has done what they do best and lost them. lol

Anyway, back to the cards I sent to my partner.  I sent three, all quite different, but all with pennants as required.

The first card is very much a scrap card since I raided my scrap box for most of the stuff used to produce it. The only things not from my scrap box is the base card and the flower, although I used scraps to punch the parts.

Card 1 grew around my wishing to use the centre journal tag. I've had them for ever and a day and thought it well beyond time I used them.
I started by coating the plain paper journal tag with Stampin Up's All purpose ink 'Champagne Mist' this gave it a lovely golden shimmer.
Then I stamped the sentiment and embossed it in yellow.
The pennants were punched with a Stampin Up punch, and the lace and twine are also from Stampin Up. The flower is punched using some Kaszazz punches  and the metal gift tag at the bottom I've had for so long I've absolutely NO idea where it came from.

Card No. 2 started with my wish to use a new die from La La land (the dress form) and some new Washi tape I got from Kaszazz. Dress form and measuring tape to me screams of sewing, so that's why it's got buttons, and reels of twine to represent sewing thread. The organdy ribbon is simply scrunched onto strong adhesive tape which I ran across the tops of the pennants, and tied a matching bow around the middle of the dress form which is cut out of dull gold card. I don't have a stamp or die for the cotton reels, so had to hand draw and cut them hence they are not exactly alike, but hey, I liked the finished look, so I'm okay with that.
I used a spellbinders die 'Foral ovals' to cut the glitter paper (available from Blue Edge Crafts) which is behind the dress form. and the Washi tape is simply stuck down the left hand side, The back ground paper is a scrap and mounted onto a square base card which I bought from Blue Edge Crafts.

Card No. 3. I stamped and mounted this very cute Kookaburra (which is a Kaszazz Stamp) onto Stampin Up's Pear Pizzaz cardstock, (I'm not at all happy that it's not in the new catalogue) love that colour.  I stuck a scrap of Stampin Up's green seam binging ribbon over the background paper which is a Stampin Up DSP after I stamped some Fronds and leaves. The pennant was embossed with a Spellbinders double sided embossing folder, then I went over the embossing with glitter glue. After adding touches of colour to the Kookaburra's breast, I went over him with SU's 'Champagne Mist' to add sheen. I hand wrote the Hello!, which now I look at it again, think it spoils it. should have used a stamp or sticker. Too late now, my swap partner has it  already.

I hope you like my swap cards, apart from some obvious imperfections, Which I prefer to term as Design Originals, they didn't turn out to shabbily at all.
Thank you for visiting my blog today, please leave comments, I find them both encouraging and motivating.
Happy Crafting.

No comments: