I got a couple of new Spellbinder dies this week, so of course I've been playing with them.
I have made two cards using each, with different colours
Firstly, using the new Shapeabilities 'Angle Approach die,
For Card 1, I've used a dark red linen textured base card, which I topped with black paper. then added the die cut which was cut out of a 6x6" double sided paper from Blue Edge Crafts, I don't know what it's called as it came as a sample as did all the base cards I've used today. , I've created a double border on the black with silver border stickers, you can get these from the Sticker Store. then used my scrap border sticker bits to create a silver outline around the die cut. A clear crystal in the centre and a tiny tag with a scrap of black ribbon to finish.
For card 2, I've used yellows. I embossed the lighter yellow background with Cuttlebugs Swiss Dots embossing folder, which has to be the most used of all my embossing folders.I cut the die using a double sided paper golden yellow on one side, and bright linear shapes on the reverse, after folding back and tucking under all the cuts, I cut out a backing of emerald green high gloss paper and fixed it behind the die cut. I added a pink gem to the centre and emerald green gems to each of the overlapping sections.
I finished with a gold sticker border and sentiment.
Next I used my other new die, the Shapeabilities Aster Flower Topper die. Love this die, I can see it's going to be a favourite of mine.
For card 3, I used a deep apricot coloured card base and used a lighter peach to die cut the Aster flower, for this card I used the largest and middle sized dies, and layered them with foam mounts. I stuck a large clear crystal in the centre.
I used Shapeabilities Fancy Tags Two to cut a label for my sentiment using the same colour as the flower, then cut another in a much lighter peach, then trimmed it to create a centre to which I added a white sentiment sticker, this label was then mounted over double layer white ribbon.
For card 4 I used blue and very pale blue. This flower uses all three sizes of the Aster flower die, and I inked the edges and mounted each on top of the other with foam squares finishing the flower with a dazzler flower. The flower is mounted over a piece of very pale blue embossed and with the edges inked. I added a strip of blue ribbon onto which I added a silver sticker greeting and finished with a flower cut with the last die in the Aster flower topper set with a blue gem flower in the center.
Almost forgot to mention that I cut the edge of the base card with Martha Stewart border punch. (scallop and dots)
It's been a productive crafting day today.
Hope you have as much fun as I do!