Today Monday 7th April we go live with Unstampabelles Challenge 34, which is to incorporate an animal or bird with the twist being to use pastel colours.
Our Sponsor for this month is
Regal Craft are offering a $15.00 gift voucher to use in their store.
My card for this month incorporates everything listed including the twist for the challenge.
I have a bird, I have pastel colours, I also have some stronger colours to act as a contrast as I wasn't happy with ONLY pastels. (for this particular card)
Products used are:
- Fold abilities Centre Step card as my base card
- Stampin Up's Midnight Muse as my dark contrast card
- Stampin Up's DSP Botanical Gazette (retired)
- Stampin Up's Dimensionals
- Stampin Up's Champagne Mist All purpose ink
- Foliart Laser die cut Oval (available from Blue Edge Crafts) Yes! I know it's snowflakes, but I like it)
- Tim Holtz/Sizzix Alterations Caged Bird Die
- Scrap Sticker Diamante Bronze gems
- Tiny black self adhesive pearl for the birds eye
- Stampin Up's Ink pads as follows: Daffodil Yellow; Crumb Cake; Choc Chip, (for colouring my bird)
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Ribbon Banners die set.
- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Basic Oval dies
I have left off the sentiment since I don't know what occasion I'll use the card for, it will however go onto the ribbon banner at the bottom of the card.
I used the Champagne Mist to give a lovely pearl glimmer to the craft card die cut of the bird cage, the bird itself was die cut from cream card, which I then coloured using a finger dauber and the SU inks.
I hope you like my card for this challenge. I know that I'm VERY pleased with the way it turned out, and I'll be using more of Foldabilities pre cut and scored cards.
Thank you for visiting my blog today. hope you come back soon.