30th January 2012
Took me a while to do this one.
The pergomano part wasn't that hard, and while it did take a bit more time to actually do than a normal card would, it was deciding what to do with it once it was done that's taken the time.
I wanted pretty (of course) I wanted beautiful (of course) what I didn't want was to cover up all the pergomano work, after all, I did take nearly a whole day just to do that part. (I'm no expert)
then all of a sudden this afternoon, this came to me and just flowed.
The pergomano has been put through my Zyron machine to add an even layer of adhesive to the back, then stuck onto Stampin Up Lucky Limeade cardstock which I've trimmed around the pergomano work.
I layered this onto Stampin Up Cherry Cobbler cardstock, and trimmed it with border and corner peel off's.
This was then layered onto my A5 base card in Stampin Up Old Olive.
The Flower image is made up of a creamy flower from Prima, the stem is hand cut from Lucky Limeade, and the leaves are puched with a Carl punch from the same colour, these were then coloured with a Sakura Glaze pen #830.
Since I didn't have a vase punch, and didn't even cross my mind to use my e-Craft to cut one, I made my vase with two Paper Shaper punches. I used the dress and an oval for the stand. the top part of the vase is 3 dresses trimmed and layered to create the shape. Decorated with peel off scraps and some Stampin Up pearls. I've shaped the vase, and stuck it in place with a Stampin Up Dimensional in the centre, and strong double sided tape along each side.
I'm really happy with this finished result. Of course my Pergomano skills could do with improving, but that is a matter of time and practice. (I'm really happy that I managed to cut my cross' right)
I like it, hope you do too.
Happy Crafting everyone.