Followers

Wednesday 20 February 2013

Male sprockets and cogs

It's a friends birthday tomorrow, so I had to come up with something for him. I do have plenty of ready male cards in my stash, but...... I wanted to use the new Spellbinder dies I got recently from Blue Edge Crafts. Also, the current Do Crafts magazine has a totally awesome free stamp set which is excellent for male cards or travel themes.

For my base card I used Stampin Up's Crumb Cake card, and the dark brown is Early Espresso. I die cut the Spellbinder Sprightly Sprockets dies out of Cake Crumb and sponged them with Early Espresso ink.
The matting was double embossed with Stampin Up's Chevron embossing folder, first vertically, then horizontally.

I used craft glue to adhere the sprockets and cogs to the embossed matting.
I think the image I've used is called a Gyroscope?? anyway, it is part of a stamp set free with the Jan/Feb issue of Do Crafts magazine. I stamped it onto white card, fussy cut it out then coloured sections in with Sakura Glaze pens.

My sentiment is from Stampin Up's Itty Bitty Banners stamp set, which is then die cut with the coordinating die set. I stamped it with Versa mark and then heat embossed in copper.

The Gyroscope and sentiment are adhered using Stampin Up Dimensionals.

I usually have a little difficulty coming up with 'Male card' ideas, so I'm just a little happy with my self today.

Thanks for calling by my blog today, hope to see you back again soon.

Happy Crafting
Beth

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Hi Beth,
I finally made my way over to say hello and see your new banner...it looks lovely and bright and oh so pink :)
I hope you enjoy it and it was such a pleasure to make it for you:)
Keep up your beautiful creations and I will pop in for lots of visits :)
Huggs
Lynn xxx