Followers

Wednesday 28 March 2012

Li-ann

28th March 2012

On this card I've used an image from Jenny Hamilton (Craft Mad Fairy) called Li-ann. I really had fun trying out my new Copic colouring skills on this image as the hair, jacket and skirt all allowed for shading to create depth, movement and highlights.

The papers I've used are Japanese papers from my stash, I've had them for so long I can't remember where I got them from, which is a real problem when I want to buy more. I do know that a couple of the papers are from a Docrafts paper pack (the red background behind the gold & silver patterned paper the image is mounted on, and the white and gold paper inside the card.

For the base card, I decided that with such bright colours, black would be the best background to show them off. the folded card size is 17.5cm x 12.5cm. I folded the front back on itself and this is adhered with double sided tape once the ribbon with the coins were added, this encloses the raw ends of the ribbon. I used tiny Stampin Up pearls around the frame which is a Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 20. on the front inside of the card, I used the same size die I used to cut the gold & silver pattern background for my image and cut a plain white piece, this is where the personal message may be written.

I have typed and printed out an Emily Matthews verse to mount inside the card on the white and gold section directly behind the label, I'll cut this out using the same die, I have a very good idea who I'll be giving this card to and will personalise it just for her.

I hope you think I've done this lovely digi image justice.

Happy Crafting,

Hugs


Beth

No comments: